- Key Stage 3 and 4 (Secondary) teaching require s a real passion for your subject area and a very good knowledge within it. If you did your degree a while ago, you may need a refresher course
- You will teach a wide range of classes and ages, which means learning more names, but seeing less of particular characters.
- Teaching teenagers means that you have to deal with the phenomenon that is 'cool' – in other words, that it is socially unacceptable for many of them to show any enthusiasm for anything; this can be very frustrating
- However, teenagers can also be very interesting, idealistic, passionate and funny at their best
- Due to your expert knowledge, you may lead on an area within your subject or across whole school.
View our current vacancies HERE